Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter Book Baskets

Any of you who follow my blog on a regular basis know my stance against giving books as gifts at Christmas.  Easter, however, is different egg all together!  In this house, books take front and center.  We have made it an annual tradition to have the Easter Bunny bring book baskets to the house on Easter morning.

I thought I would share my baskets with you this year to give you some inspiration.  While books are the main basket theme, you will note I have included a few sugary treats.  I am not a monster after all and even though we love books in this house, a basket without a chocolate bunny is really not an Easter basket!


Basket for my thirteen year old son (who would like me to add that he does not believe in the Easter Bunny!)

1. MAD About Star Wars by Jonathan Bresman.  My oldest has just discover MAD Magazine and it is so much fun to see him laughing at the humor of my youth!  To purchase click here: MAD About Star Wars

2.  The Death Cure by James Dashner.  This is the final book in the Maze Runner trilogy and my son can't wait to get his hands on it.  To purchase click here: The Death Cure (Maze Runner Trilogy)

3.  Runner by Carl Deuker.  Deuker is one of the great sport fiction writers for the middle/high school set.  This book is more of a departure for him into the thriller genre.  To purchase, click here: Runner



Basket for my ten year old son

1. The Book to Perfectly Perilous Math: 24 Death-Defying Challenges by Sean Connolly.  Use probability to save your neck from the executioner by picking the right door.  Can the rat gnawing on the rope save you from the swinging axe in time?  A rowboat, five shipwrecked sailors, one barrel of fresh water - how soon do you have to find safety before you all go mad?  I think my son will love it!  To purchase, click here: The Book of Perfectly Perilous Math: 24 Death-Defying Challenges for Young Mathematicians

2.  Big Nate Goes for Broke by Lincoln Peirce.  The latest offering in the Big Nate series.  My kids love these books.  To purchase, click here: Big Nate Goes for Broke

3.  Fake Mustache:Or, How Jodie O'Rodeo and Her Wonder Horse (and Some Nerdy Kid) Saved the US Presidential Election from a Mad Genius Criminal Mastermind by Tom Angleberger.  The latest offering from the author of Origami Yoda, this novel has some great buzz so I can't wait for my ten year old to read it!  To purchase, click here: Fake Mustache: Or, How Jodie O'Rodeo and Her Wonder Horse (and Some Nerdy Kid) Saved the U.S. Presidential Election from a Mad Genius Criminal Mastermind


Basket for my eight year old daughter


1. Kokeshi Kimono Book by Annelore Parot.  These books are adorable and a wonderful way to explore traditional Japanese culture.  To purchase, click here: Kokeshi Kimono Book

2. Boo:The Life of the Worlds Cutest Dog by J. H. Lee.  My daughter loves cute animal books and they don't get much cuter than Boo!  To purchase, click here: Boo: The Life of the World's Cutest Dog


3.  Sisters Eight by Lauren Baratz-Logsted.  This is a lovely series about eight sisters, each one with a power or gift to help find their missing parents.  They each have a cat as well, so eight girls with eight cats, and fortunately no trips to St. Ives!  I hope she enjoys the start of this eight book series.  To purchase, click here :Sisters Eight Book 1: Annie's Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment