Friday, January 11, 2013

Picture Book Friday

I had so much fun with Picture Book Fridays, that I decided to extend them into the new year!  I know, control your raucous enthusiasm, it's embarrassing.  However, instead of the usual three books per post,  which I did for Picture Book Month, I will simply profile the picture book that I loved each week.  I am hoping it will give me the chance to share new finds with you, as well as highlight some older books that are absolute delights.

So without further fanfare, Picture Book Friday:

Title:        Robot Zombie Frankenstein!

Author:    Annette Simon

Target:     Preschool - Grade 3

What this book is about:
Picture two robots who start a game of oneupmanship.  First our robot becomes Robot Zombie.  Well, then our second robot becomes Robot Zombie Frankenstein.  Not to be out done, our first robot becomes Robot Zombie Frankenstein Pirate and the game continues.  Will it end?  Actually it has a gratifying and delicious conclusion!

Why I love this book:
This book is just a delight of shapes in strong vibrant colors, so it is a joy to look at.  The story of getting the better of your opponent is what had my son in stitches.  Could these robots add anything more to their costumes to best the other?  And thankfully the ending is a tasty reconciliation of these two friends.

Who this book is for:
Great for kids who like to laugh and those who think robots are fun.

Final thoughts:
My eleven year old son laughing hysterically at this book said it all for me.

To purchase this book, click on the following link to connect to Amazon: Robot Zombie Frankenstein!  A portion of each purchase goes back to support this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment