Thursday, December 12, 2013

This Little Piggy for Picture Book Friday

It's Picture Book Friday, and this week all the little piggies have come home.   Yes, I love this book because it doesn't play favorites.  Finally in the "This Little Piggy" rhyme, all the toes get their due ... and isn't it about time?

Don't forget to follow One Great Book on Facebook or Twitter to keep up to date on all the children's books that stand up for the rights of toes everywhere.  And you thought I didn't care.

Title:       This Little Piggy

Author:   Tim Harrington

Target:    Preschool

What this book is about:
We all know the traditional “This Little Piggy” rhyme, but what about the other foot?  I mean our first foot gets roast beef and wee! wees! all the way home, but on the other foot ... nothing.  Well this book rectifies all that.  Now our other toes get to go dancing, fly planes and build spaceships.  Lets just say our first piggies who went to market get a little jealous and they want in on the action.  So off they go racing go karts and chewing gum, which leaves all our piggies tired out and ready for bed!

Why I love this book:
I would have adored reading this one to my kids when they were younger.  The fun of making those toes do so many crazy things would have delighted my little ones.  I even love how Tim Harrington makes the pinky toe scenario take up the whole page as the toe builds a spaceship, flies it to outer space, meets aliens who teach him new games and on and on!  I don’t think any of your kids will be able to resist the charm of these little piggies!

The one quibble I have with the book are the illustrations.  They aren’t bad, they just could have been so much better and I think it would have elevated the book a bit more.

Who this book is for:
Great bedtime book for kids who like to giggle and share some bonding time with their parents.

Final thoughts:
No socks or shoes are allowed during the reading of this book!

Purchase this book:
To purchase this book, click on the following link to connect to Amazon: This Little Piggy  A portion of each purchase goes to support this blog at no cost to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment