Friday, August 16, 2013

When Royals Wore Ruffles for Picture Book Friday

Happy Friday!  I have just returned from several weeks on vacation, and as I compile all the reading I have done, I have so many wonderful finds to share with you over the upcoming weeks.  I have read some great stuff that I think your kids will just devour!

But back to the task at hand, Picture Book Friday!  This picture book I had tucked away for when Kate Middleton gave birth to her royal princess .... oops!  Oh, well, all your little princesses (and fashionistas) can enjoy it as well, mine certainly loves looking through it over and over again.

Title:       When Royals Wore Ruffles

Author:    Chesley McLaren and Pamela Jaber

Target:     Grades 1-4

What this book is about:
While billed as an alphabet book, this book is more of a lesson on the history of fashion.  Who doesn’t love G is for Go-Go Boots, S is of course for Shoes, Shoes and More Shoes and Z for the Zany World of Fashion.

Why I love this book:
The illustrations are gorgeous, full of color, humor and fun.  I loved all the fashion history and tidbits.  My third grade daughter loves simply looking at the pictures and sharing fun facts.  

Who this book is for:
This book is for kids who love fashion.  It is not a traditional alphabet book, so it is really for an older audience.

Final thoughts:
”It’s not the size of your bow ... It’s the spring in your step!”

To purchase this book, click on the following link to connect to Amazon: When Royals Wore Ruffles: A Funny and Fashionable Alphabet!  A portion of each purchase goes to support this blog at no cost to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment