Friday, April 12, 2013

If I Built a House

Picture Book Friday has rolled around again and I have a fun one this week.

Things have been quiet and a little boring here at the Hooper house as my kids have been home for spring break, and we appear to be the only family within a ten mile radius who has not gone on a trip to celebrate this said break.  Tumble weeds are blowing through town, the bagel shop is empty and I didn't even have to wait to order my Starbucks coffee yesterday.

But I'm not jelous, oh no!  I hold no grudges toward the other families basking in the Hawaiian sunshine, spring skiing on the slopes of Tahoe or frolicking at Disneyland.  I wish them only the best, because that is just the kind of gal I am.  Ok, are you buying this yet, because even I am starting to get nauseous.

However, leave it to me to hold down the fort and provide you with great book choices, no matter where your vacation may have taken you!

Title:       If I Built a House

Author:   Chris Van Dusen

Target:    Preschool - Grade 3

What this book is about:
Jack is imagining his dream house, and what a house it will be!  Trampolines embedded in the floor, a racetrack room and of course a giant slide.  Just about anything a kid could envision is artfully included in this home.

Why I love this book:
First off I love the artwork by Chris Van Dusen.  It is retro with an absolutely modern feel which makes all the home features come alive.  This book absolutely spurs a child’s imagination as they envision the kind of things they would include in their own fantasy house!  Of course, Van Dusen’s first book If I Built a Car has been a favorite in our home for years, and this book just keeps the fun going.

Who this book is for:
Any child with a wonderful imagination.

Final thoughts:
My favorite feature, the Scrub-a-Dub-Dub conveyor belt that moves you along while washing you clean.  Just think how much faster bedtime would be!

To purchase this book, click on the following link to connect to Amazon: If I Built a House  A portion of each purchase goes to support this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment