Friday, October 24, 2014

Yes It's True - An Entertaining Fact Book for Kids

Kids love fact books.  Whether they are pouring through the Guiness Book of World Records, or National Geographic's Weird But True anthologies (which are up to about volume 15 by now, aren't they?) they are enthralled by all the tidbits of information that make life interesting.

The great part is when you can find fact books that actually teach a little something too.  In the book I am profiling today, not only did I learn some "wow" facts to impress my friends and family but I actually took away some elements of science behind these bits of information.  A nice pairing, if I do say so myself.

Don't forget to Follow One Great Book on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Pinterest for all the books that will make your kid sounds like the smartest kids on the playground.

Title:        It Can’t Be True!

Author:   DK Publishing

Target:    Grades 3-8

Series:     No

What this book is about: 
This book answers the big questions: How big is the sun? Where is the snowiest place on Earth? and How heavy are your bones?  The information is well presented with lots of appealing visuals and fun facts that will increase a kid’s understanding and knowledge.

Why I love this book: 
Sometimes it is hard to present difficult data in a kid friendly way.  This book is well thought out and makes the information easy to understand.  I found myself fascinated by this book, and I am generally not that interested in these fact books.  Even I was saying “no way!”  while reading and found the information easy to understand.  If a scatterbrained mom can get it, just think how much your kids will take away.

Who this book is for: 
Great for kids who love nonfiction fact books.  This one is done very well.

Final thoughts: 
Did you know that a parachute jumper actually broke the sound barrier?    Pretty cool stuff and yes, I am easily impressed.

To purchase this book:
Click on the following link to connect to Amazon: It Can't Be True!  A portion of each purchase will go back to support this blog at no cost to you.  Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment