Thursday, February 6, 2014

Great Non Fiction Book for Kids

Ok, here I go again with a nonfiction book on Thursday and a picture book at that.  Is there no end to the crazy smattering of titles I am willing to put out there?  Well, no, not if they are this good.

Don't forget to Like One Great Book on Facebook and Twitter for books which have a 100% probability of being terrific.  Ok, even I think I have probably taken the pun too far.  See I can't stop myself.

Title:       That’s A Possibility!

Author:   Burce Goldstone

Target:    Grades 1-4

What this book is about: 
As the cover says, this is a book about what might happen.  This introduces kids to the math topic of probability.  The book is set in a question and answer format with colorful and visually appealing photographs.  It covers topics such as certainty, likelihood, impossibility and odds.  It asks kids what types of animals could possibly hatch from a set of eggs or even the greatest possibility of certain numbers when two dice are rolled.  Vegas, here they come!

Why I love this book:
My daughter is not a math kid, but she still got completely caught up in the questions.  Because the book is fun to look at and interactive, it engaged her immediately.  The layout makes the questions easy to understand and we had a wonderful time going through it together - something I do not often say about me, my daughter and math.

Who this book is for:
This book will be engaging for most kids.  Nice way to make math fun.  I would, however, recommend reading this book with your child.

Final thoughts:
Is it probable that your child will enjoy this book?  Oh that’s an easy one … yes!

To purchase this book:
Click on the following link to connect to Amazon: That's a Possibility!: A Book About What Might Happen  A portion of each purchase goes back to support this blog at no cost to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment