Monday, June 2, 2014

Bot Wars is All That

How could I pass up a book called Bot Wars?  Just the name makes me picture the handful of kids who would pick this book up immediately.  I was hoping I would like it ....  and for the love of bot, I did.

Don't forget to Like One Great Book on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google + for all the robot action your kids can handle.

Title:       Bot Wars

Author:  J.V. Kade

Target:   Grade 4-7

Series:    Yes

What this book is about: 
Trout lives in the United Districts, a place where all robots have been banned since the Bot War.  Before the war,  humans were creating robots to take over many of the lower level jobs.  These same robots, over time, became sentient being.  Soon they were demanding their rights to equal treatment and they revolted when they were denied these rights.  Human declared the robots evil and a war ensued.  Trout’s father disappeared during the Bot Wars and when Trout makes a video plea for help finding his dad, which goes viral, he soon realizes that nothing is exactly as it seems.  Perhaps robots are not to be feared after all.

Why I love this book: 
I thought this was a fun book.  I quite enjoyed the idea of our dependence on robots and what would happen to society if they were to all go away. I actually liked the world that was created with and without robots.  In these type of books I sometimes feel that the twists and turns get too complicated, but in this case the flow was good and the twists were right on point, without getting too convoluted.  To put it simply, the story flowed nicely.

There was some interesting slang made up for the story.  It took me a few chapters to get comfortable with it, but once I was in the groove it added to the mechanical/robotic nature of the story.

Who this book is for: 
Great for kids who have an interest in robots.  A nice action oriented book with plenty of near misses to keep kids on the edge of their seats.

Final thoughts: 
A good start to a futuristic robot series!  I know plenty of kids who will warm to this one immediately.  Cover is nice too.

To purchase this book:
Click on the following link to connect to Amazon: Bot Wars  A portion of each purchase goes to support this blog at no cost to you.  Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment